Summer vacation is coming to an end and so is the Summer Cool Tools workshop. You’ve all received an email with the end dates for the various SLS systems participating. And some of you are done! Hooray and congrats!
But for those of you who are feeling overwhelmed, let me offer some ideas for how you can get your PD credit in 10 hours!
That’s just 2 hours for each of 5 Things completed.
- Most important, pick 5 topics that really interest you and will help you out this coming year.
- Spend 30 minutes reading the lesson and exploring a few resources. Then complete an activity and write your own blog post about what you learned.
Some activities you might try:
- Thing 1: Blogging – Start a tumblr account. It’s a fast and fun way to blog. And you do need a blog for the workshop, so this is the simplest way to get started.
- Thing 2: Photo Fun – I bet you took a few photos this summer. Try making a collage or a superhero trading card with BigHugeLabs. Share what you created on your blog!
- Thing 6: Curation Tools – Love Pinterest? Spend too much time there already? Then indulge yourself and put together a board of great ideas for a project your want to do this coming year. Or set up a board of great resources to share with colleagues when school starts up.
- Thing 13: School Library Web Presence – Were you planning to spiff up your website for the new school year? Share what you’re doing and what your plans are.
- Thing 14: AppPalooza – What apps are you using all the time? Share your favorite apps with us. Check out the AASL Best Apps for Teaching & Learning 2014 and try out something new.
- Thing 17: DIY – If one of the Things really intrigues you and you want to dig in and spend some extra hours, write up those additional explorations as the DIY option.
- Thing 18: Online Learning & DIY PD – Do the “double dip!” Watch a webinar from EdWeb.net, earn PD for watching and earn PD for completing Thing 18. Both the Tech Tools for the Classroom and Emerging Tech: Using Technology to Advance Your School Library Program communities have tons of great (free) webinars to choose from.
- Thing 21: Productivity Tools – Is there a productivity/organizational that you already love, but would like to explore further? Dig into that tool and share your tips with us.
You can do it!!!